Custom Search

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lonehill Resident Responds: I Prefer What The Greek Brothers Have Built

George Joubert responds:

Dear Trevor,

Well done! Keep the news coming! The Truth will always out but remember that two-way communication is the glue that holds any relationship together!

The “news” about the Lonehill shopping centre is not really new and is something we have known about for many years? This goes back right to the days when you got the health club to remove their ugly sign from the Lonehill skyline above the shopping mall’s roof top!

On a personal note, my wife and I have always shopped at the Lonehill shopping mall going back to the days when it was a little “village market” type operation and we knew each of the shop-owners by name and they ours! Perhaps there is a marketing lesson here for the (developers) and the new shop-owners!

I must say though that I prefer what the Greek brothers have built to that small, dingy mall -- although I know there will be many who will object to this! But I very seldom have to drive outside of Lonehill any more to do my shopping! We now have a huge choice of goods and restaurants right on our doorstep! It is inevitable that some people will be affected by change or will resist it!

You are also fully aware that my sole objective regarding security was ALWAYS to achieve TOTAL transparency in EVERY type of business transaction anyone does in Lonehill but which WOULD still benefit EVERY Lonehiller whether a member of the LRA or not!

So with ALL this in mind – why does the LRA not do a survey and ask the residents to vote on what they think of the Lonehill Shopping Mall?

You also have a reasonable database of Lonehill so why don’t you test the “market”?

The shops are not going to go away and the last thing anyone wants is a ghost “mall” on our doorstep!

The key to my security solution – for which I took so much abuse -- was always to make it a “no-brainer” for those residents (whom I often castigated for being ostriches, freeloaders and fence-sitters) to join the security “initiative”! The one you instigated and started with other Lonehill residents (including myself) so many years ago and set the ground rules and standards!

It is sad that the present regime are NOT prepared to discuss ideas or solutions with those who actually were instrumental in starting that ball rolling!

My own view is that this may detract from their own importance!

But like you, this attitude will NOT stop me from making a contribution that WILL benefit ALL the residents in Lonehill!

Kind regards,
George

George L Joubert
Managing Director
Ambis Group (Pty) Ltd.
George@Ambis-sa.com
Tel +27 (0) 11 465 5930
Fax +27 (0) 11 465 1048
Mobile +27 (0) 83 250 6251

No comments: