Custom Search

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Calling A Spade A SPADE

Writes George Joubert:

Hi Trevor,

Like you I have never been afraid to “call a spade a spade” or not a shovel! Emails like this I am told are considered mischievous and are NOT encouraged! Why? Is this because it WILL make one unpopular with those who do NOT wish to listen to the Truth or have blinkered vision or worse -- refuse to be part of the solution – until something happens to them?

I am so glad you used my quote in your newsletter but it reminds me of another quote:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. -- Mohandas Gandhi.

On a more positive note though, I too would like to add my bouquets for Ian Bell! You will recall he was our man (one of the founding members) in the first place before the old regime “fired” him!

It is sad that many new Lonehillers do not know who or what he does and how his projects needs funding to keep our suburb looking as good as it does! Come on Lonehillers contribute to the Environment Fund! We need many new trees in parts of our suburb to replace those that have died, been struck by lightning or been “taken out” by drunk drivers. Is there a big sponsor for a tree-planting project out there?

To keep those who may be interested, I am STILL moving ahead with designing the BEST security solution that is humanly possible – but for ALL the Lonehill residents -- and NOT anyone else! I have the feeling though that I am being “condescended” or just “engaged” for ideas and I am unhappy about that but will move ahead with my plans regardless! It will be a shame when other suburbs or only parts of Lonehill grasp this first!

If you had listened to 702 Talk Radio this morning you would have heard security companies in general and ADT in particular being castigated by the public to the point where, I am informed, one of them sent a legal letter threatening to sue the radio station!

I am again sticking out my neck but would like to ask why Lonehillers or the LRA cannot “insist” on a higher-paid guard (and hopefully a higher caliber – a roving ambassador-type) being used on our street patrols? By this I mean pay them their TRUE worth according to their proper grading!

This can only act as an incentive for other guards to want to work in Lonehill and will motivate them all to the point of putting their lives on the line for all of us! I wonder what the average monthly salary (take-home) pay is of our guards? I have a fair idea from my own market research but it would be nice to go public on this and get the whole suburb behind this initiative!

I will await the bombshells!

Regards,
George

No comments: